The Friends of Lord Howe Island was set up in 2001 to assist the Lord Howe Island Board with weed eradication and other conservation projects on World Heritage listed Lord Howe island.
Members of the Friends of Lord Howe work to:
- Protect and restore the island’s ecosystems
- Promote the significance of Lord Howe’s unique natural and cultural heritage
- Organise island activities which have benefits for conservation
- Lobby for funding to support conservation efforts
- Help with bush regeneration, surveys and other hands-on projects
- Initiate new avenues for community support